Aids in minor cases of calf diarrhoea
A calf anti-diarrhoeal (diarrhea or scours) product, OptiCalf is a coarser milled Aluminosilicate product sold through many rural retailers around the country such as Farmlands, PGG Wrightsons and Farm Source.
Calves love the taste.
Suitable for use for minor cases of diarrhoea.
Biogro Certified input for organics.
Question: How does OptiCalf help with diarrhoea (diarrhea)?
Answer: Its ability to absorb water
- OpticalfTM is an Aluminosilicate with a large surface area providing a large surface to gut interface. This allows for rapid absorption in the intestines, thereby aiding in the treatment of minor cases of diarrhoea.
How do I use OptiCalfTM?
- For calves with minor cases of diarrhoea provide 10g - 40gm of OptiCalf per calf, per day into feed troughs.
- OptiCalf is suitable for use without veterinary advice only in the treatment of minor cases of diarrhoea. If OptiCalf fails to alleviate the condition being treated, seek veterinary advice.
- OptiCalf will not treat dehydration, ensure calves have access to plenty of fresh water.
Question: How much does OptiCalf cost?
Answer: less than $1 per calf for 8 weeks
- At a dose rate of 15 grams the cost per calf (for 30 calves) is a mere 1.6 cents per calf per day.
- That’s just under $1 per calf if fed for a total of 8 weeks.
- Each bag costing around $30 supplies enough product to supply 30 calves through to weaning at 8 weeks.
“Is $1 too much to pay for a stronger healthier calf?”Please see read label and SDS before use. Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause damage to organs.