Following the Prime Minister's announcement that New Zealand commenced a staged transition to Alert Level 2 from Thursday 14 May, we were pleased to further enlarge business activities and customer contacts.
As an essential service, Blue Pacific Minerals has been operating through the level 4 and 3 lockdown, following strict health and safety requirements. Now that we are in level 2 there are increased activities including more face to face interactions between our team, customers and partners.
Rest assured we have efficient effective procedures in place, which we’ve already had in practice for over 8 weeks. These measures will continue over the coming weeks and include (but are not limited to):
1. Continually talking with staff to identify risks and ways to manage them.
2. Asking all workers, contractors and customers with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from our sites.
3. Keeping groups of customers 1 metre apart.
4. Keeping contact-tracing records of anyone who has close interaction (workers, contractors or customers).
5. Reducing the number of shared surfaces staff and customers might touch, and regularly disinfecting them.
Any Kiwi businesses can get Government guidelines for working under Level 2 lockdown here.
Like many other businesses across New Zealand, we are delighted the economy is opening up and that more people are back at work. We realise Blue Pacific Minerals is an important part of the local South Waikato community, and all our staff are working hard to grow our business success across New Zealand and through exports to major markets around the world.